PROVERBS 2010

We all want to be wise, we all look for wisdom. In my search for answers I turned to the book of Proverbs hoping to find answers to my questions. Thankfully I had reached the right place.
Be it decision making, work, money, marriage, faith... the book of Proverbs is a treasure trove of wisdom. These are my reflections on Proverbs.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Proverbs 3: 9, 10 - A matter of giving to God

9 Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops;

10 then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine.

This is very direct, honor the Lord with your wealth. What is the point of storing up treasures on earth? One thing I have seen an experienced in life is that God never lets his children suffer any lack. If you are a Christian and still worry about wealth and money problems or if you withhold from giving to the Lord because you think you won’t have enough for yourself then it’s time to stop worrying and start giving. It’s a wonderful thing to experience God’s provision first hand when you depend on him. Commit to the Lord not just your money but also your time.

1 comment :